Phone bills are issued regularly by ordinary post as per a bi-monthly/monthly/fortnightly schedule. Bills issued in a month contain rental charge and call charges for the previous two months. The Bill may also contain other charges like Inland and International Trunk Call charges, accessories rent, Ticket Calls (calls for any broken period not collected in any earlier bill) etc.
Not receiving your phone bill ?
Around the time your bill is expected to be issued, you
may ascertain your phone bill amount by dialing 1501. You can get the information Faxed to you too.
NB :. It is a FREE service.
If you are not getting your Bill or you notice some address mistake, dial 1500
A phone bill must be paid within the due date printed on the bill.
You can pay your phone bill in various ways :
- Pay on receipt of phone bill the usual way.
- Any phone bill can be paid on receipt even before
the bill date
- Phone bill payment are received at the Departmental
Bill collection centres or
- At selected Post Offices (by cash or cheque
) within due date.
- Phone bill payment
are also received at the counters / drop boxes at selected
branches of designated Banks within due date - consult list
at the back of the bill and payment modes under main menu.
- To reach nearer to you Bill Collection Agent ' Easy
Bill Limited ' and some PCO booths have been appointed,
where you may make payment through cheques only. Consult
list of centersunder specific items, and look for authentication
certificate at the center.
- You can also pay the bill by cheque. Draw cheque in
favour of Accounts Officer, BSNL, Calcutta Telephones,
Kolkata' and drop it in the Cheque Drop Boxes within
due date along with the counterfoil of the bill. The Telephone
no., Bill Date and Amount may be clearly written on the
reverse side of the Cheque.
- You can also pay your Landline Bill through online Payment facility using Credit Card , Debit Card (comming shortly) and Internet Banking within due date.(Click here for Payment)
- You can also pay your Cellone Bill through online Payment facility using Credit Card , Debit Card and Internet Banking.(Click here for Payment)
You must not pay your Telecom dues by any post-dated cheque. If at any time your payment cheque bounces for any reason, your security deposit will be enhanced on the basis of your average billing pattern.
Having ascertained the bill amount by dialing 1501 .
- You may pay at any Departmental Bill Collection Centre
( by cash or by cheque if it is within the
due date ) by filling in a Pay-in Slip. No need to produce
any duplicate bill.
- If you have a credit card, you may use Tele-banking
facility and instruct your credit card operator to make
payment on your behalf and charge the amount to your credit
- You may arrange to debit your Phone Bill directly from
your Bank Account ( ECS Scheme ). In order to enter
this scheme only a mandate form is to be submitted duly
filled in. ( Mandate form available from all Customer
Service Centres ).
After making payment you may verify after 3-4 days that
indeed your payment has been accounted for by again dialing
Payment of phone bills beyond the due date is received only by CASH at the Bill Collection Centres.
However, duplicate bill for a phone number can be obtained from the concerned AOTR or Customer Service Centres or Online facility .